New website for a new era at Bluecoat Sports
Our team delivered an exciting, new website that is significantly faster, better optimised and intuitive to use. Additional features and functionality make the day-to-day management of the website easier for the in-house team.
Bluecoat Sports have been a client of britweb since 2012. Located next to Christ’s Hospital School, just outside Horsham, they are a premium health and fitness club with facilities including a 25m indoor pool, a sauna, and both indoor and outdoor gyms.
Our longstanding relationship has grown from strength to strength and we are an extended arm of their marketing division. We have worked with them on social media campaigns, SEO and branding, and look forward to helping with their continued success.
Our team have worked with Bluecoat Sports for many years and have a unique understanding of their club and their requirements, as well as their standing in the local community. As our agency offers both web design and development and marketing services, we could offer all of the elements needed for a large and detailed website update.
Bluecoat Sports’ previous website was built in 2017 and whilst the overall look and feel of the site was modern, it required a refresh to align with the member’s requirements and best website practices.
Post covid, the club has grown and continually looks to improve their facilities and schedule of fitness classes. A full content audit and technical review of the site identified areas for improvement and offered an opportunity to reflect the club’s evolution and current benefits.
Data-led changes to the site included gathering information from:
- Heat mapping
- Membership feedback
- Competitor analysis
- A technical, content and SEO audit
Our team left no stone unturned when reviewing the existing Bluecoat Sports website, and reviewed problem areas from the perspective of users, best practice SEO and internal management of the site. We created a detailed plan to remap the site, revise all of the content, include additional elements and functionality to help with the management of the site and the user experience.
Our main action points:
- Improved the design based on heat mapping and analytical review
- Improved the site architecture and menu structure based on competitor review and user feedback
- Added additional elements to the site based on on-site search results, user feedback, competitor analysis and internal communications
- Added additional functionality based on our understanding of the client and their day-to-day uses to streamline and speed up their ability to edit things on site. For example, build post types to manage all of the classes in one place and allow them to be populated across multiple pages on the site – meaning that messages remain consistent and easy for staff to manage
Implementing a large number of website updates at once – core code, site structure, content, imagery – required careful management to ensure that any potential reduction in organic traffic could be monitored and mitigated.
- A beautiful, highly functional website that benefits both staff and club members
- An improved website that will help boost ongoing marketing and SEO work
Bluecoat Sports have a refreshed, improved and fast website that is easier for staff to manage and for members to use on a daily basis. The design and functionality reflects the club and its offerings and will help to showcase the excellent facilities to potential members and visitors.
The website received no decline in organic traffic or keyword spread post-launch and the improvements made to the structure, content and technical abilities of the site have meant that our ongoing marketing and SEO efforts will benefit significantly from the changes implemented.
“We have been working alongside britweb for several years and continue to be impressed and grateful for their experienced advice and support.
With britweb’s continued assistance, we have been able to launch an excellent, up to date website that works towards our goals, as well as bringing our customers everything they need.”
Alice Evans, Marketing Manager at Bluecoat Sports