Working remotely, you will be expected to be self-motivated and operate as part of a team, so you will need an understanding of version control and be able to manage your own development environment. You will also be expected to meet face-to-face (at least virtually) with clients regularly to discuss ongoing projects and new requirements, so good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Build, deployment and maintenance of web projects
- Managing support tickets
- Implementing a wide range of technical solutions across the business
- Wireframing UI/UX concepts and validating design mockups
- Assessing requirements and providing proposals and time estimates
- Implementing robust testing strategies
- Dividing work among team members with diverse skill sets and working collaboratively
- Communicating effectively with clients
- Assisting with the improvement of in house systems and platforms
- Contributing to sales pitches and high-level proposals
- Identifying beneficial new technologies and implementing changes to our services
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant commercial experience in a similar role
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in client-facing roles
- Great coding standards and discipline
- Experience with consuming RESTful APIs from third parties
- Experience using GIT version control
- Familiarity with command-line tools
- Keen interest in staying up to date with industry trends
- Good knowledge of user interface design, accessibility and SEO
- Magento 2
- ReactJS or VueJS frameworks
- Bootstrap & Sass
- Jamstack – Hugo, Gatsby, etc.
- Docker and CI/CD
- Agile development methodologies
- Hosting environments, backups and security
Who are Britweb?
Britweb is a digital agency based in Horsham, West Sussex. We work predominantly with WordPress but also work with Magento, Hugo and Laravel
In addition to website development, we also have a growing digital marketing team offering SEO, social media and more.
- Competitive salary (D.O.E)
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible working
- Access to company healthcare scheme
- Extra holidays accrue after 3+ and 5+ years
- Regular company socials
No agencies, please.
To apply for this role, please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.