To celebrate the success of our main education event earlier this year, I thought I would write a blog post detailing what attendees can expect from our upcoming sessions at The Capitol Theatre and report back on our first training day.
B2B – Be Social Media Star, Twitter and LinkedIn – February 28th
This was our first session of 2014 and we were delighted to welcome 11 attendees – mainly local Horsham folk but with a few from further afield. One person came by train from Ashford!
The session was a resounding success and we broke the time down into three main sections:
First of all we shared some powerful facts based around social media and its incredible growth and use. Hannah Brookes then talked about why knowing your audience is vital and the importance of having a digital marketing plan. This section was finished off with a guide to creating your own plan.
I then covered LinkedIn – how to create the perfect profile, how to use the advanced people search functionality and leverage its amazingly targeted results. We also looked at LinkedIn company pages in this section.
After a short break, Hannah explored the world of Twitter before finishing off with some tools to use for scheduling and reporting.
We had some great feedback from the day and look forward to seeing some of the attendees on other courses. We’ll also be running this one again in June.
Here are some of the things you can expect to learn on our other courses, the dates and links to book online!
Focused very much on Business to Consumer platforms and content, here is what you can expect to learn!
- Social media monitoring tools and how to use them
- Benchmarking, “listening” and engaging with customers
- Facebook – how best to engage
- Pinterest – how and why!
- Creating a digital marketing plan
You will learn:
- Understanding the needs of your market
- Writing open, inclusive content that motivates action
- Understanding how Google uses and indexes your content
- How to become the trusted expert
- Ten power words that you must use
- How to quickly and easily share your content via social media
You will learn:
- How to harness Google tools for your business
- Setting up a Google+ account
- How to ensure your site is optimised
On the 27th June, we’ll be running our B2B Social Media session again for those that couldn’t make the first date. Our final session is:
You will learn:
- How to create content and upload media such as images, videos and downloads
- How to share your content across social networks
- How to ensure every page and post is fully optimised for Google
- How to create searchable tags
- How to organise your blog posts into categories
- How to create a Gravatar and online profile
If you’re interested in any of the above events, please click through to their relevant Eventbrite pages and secure your place!
We’re also exploring the possibility of some smaller bitesize webinar sessions for things such as ‘Setting up your Twitter account’ and ‘Basic Facebook advertising’. These will be short half hour sessions and be pay and join online based. Watch this space!